Our Captive Management Services
Risk Services prides itself on being flexible enough to the meet the service needs of all our captive clients. If your organization requires considerations not listed below, just reach out. We’d be happy to craft a custom service that meets your needs.
Application and Licensure
Having formed a large number of captives over many years, in multiple domiciles, the principals of Risk Services have the insight and knowledge to proactively address the issues that regulators and independent reviewers may raise when reviewing an application.
Our application and licensure services include:
- Consulting with the organizers of the proposed captive to develop a structure that is optimal to the captive program’s success.
- Preparing the Captive Application for Admission in a manner that avoids delays in the regulatory approval process.
- Acting as liaison between the organizers of the proposed captive and other service providers, such as its actuary and attorney, to develop and review the documents included in the application package (e.g. Biographical Affidavits, Feasibility Study, Articles, and By-Laws).
- Acting as the primary contact for domiciliary Captive Insurance Division with respect to questions raised in review of the application.
- Working with the client’s attorneys to incorporate the captive and obtain the required Certificate of Authority to transact insurance upon approval of the Captive Application for Admission.
- Working with the captive’s domiciliary bank to set up accounts and facilitate the captive’s initial capitalization.
Financial Management and Regulatory Compliance
Once your captive is licensed operational, the emphasis turns to day-to-day financial and regulatory management. Risk Services prides itself on its ability to meet all of the captive’s ongoing needs, including:
- Acting as the approved captive management firm and providing a domiciliary home office, if necessary.
- Serving as officers and directors for the captive, as requested.
- Maintaining all accounting and regulatory records as required by the regulatory authorities.
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules, as required by appropriate regulatory authorities, including custom-designing databases to meet the exact reporting requirements of each of our clients.
- Checking all financial and regulatory documents produced by our office through a quality control process reflecting the “Big 4” CPA audit background of our senior staff, which ensures that all documentation originating from our office is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Preparing the NAIC Quarterly and Annual Statements to be filed with the domicile state, the NAIC, and additional states where the captive has registered.
- Providing cash management services, such as the issuance of checks, making of deposits, and execution of wire transfers.
- Coordinating year-end audits with the captive’s independent auditors and providing them with auditable working papers.
- Assisting in determining the appropriate quarterly estimated tax payments to the IRS.
- Coordinating annual loss certifications with the captive’s independent actuarial firms.
- Insuring the smooth flow of information between parties impacting financial management of the captive.
- Acting as liaison between the captive and the domiciliary Captive Insurance Regulator and working with examiners during examination.
- Providing regulatory compliance services with the domiciliary state and any states in which the captive conducts business.
- Preparing for the domiciliary-based annual board meeting.
- Preparing a package for all directors and officers attending the annual board meeting, and making presentations at such meetings, as requested.
Contact Risk Services
Let Risk Services help you navigate through the alternative insurance maze. Reach out to discuss how our innovative insurance solutions can fulfill your business needs.Contact Us
“We are the smorgasbord of captive insurance. Captive management, regulatory compliance, formation and licensing are the appetizers, policyholder services the main course, and reinsurance placements the dessert.”
Risk Services can provide all the necessary insurance professional services our clients need to complete their captive insurance programs.[rä-jer-izem]
Words of wisdom from our CEO, Michael Rogers
“I first reached out to Risk Services in 2003 for assistance with finding reinsurance on a nursing home program. Prior to that first contact, I hit a dead-end with every previous effort with intermediaries and markets. It was apparent from the outset that Risk Services had the market credibility necessary to allow us to get in front of reinsurers and tell our story. Risk Services came through with a reinsurance program, and our relationship expanded as we hired them for Captive Management services. Since 2003 we’ve been fortunate to work with many fine vendors in the various services needed for our Risk Retention Groups. We believe Risk Services to be irreplaceable. Their knowledge, professionalism, capabilities and responsiveness quite simply, are second to none.”
Mike Miller, Trinity Risk Services Risk Retention Group, New York Healthcare Insurance Company, Inc., A Risk Retention Group